Fine Old Early Inuit Stone Carving Depicting a Standing Woman Circa 1950’s Uyte
- Fine early Inuit stone carving depicting a standing elegant woman in traditional dress
- Artist: Utye
- Settlement: Frobisher Bay, Iqaluit
- (1924) — E7-245
- Date: 1950
- Dimensions: 9” T x 3 1/8” x 2 2/3”
- Description: Beautiful early green striated stone sculpture of a Inuit woman wearing traditional dress. Note her braided hair flowing down her back.
- Provenance: Private collection amassed over 40 years by a retired educator originally from Ontario Canada. ( we recently acquired a number of fine early pieces from this same collection and will be featuring a number of these on the website).
||9.0 × 3.2 × 2.67 in